Friday, August 18, 2006

Being stretched

Being stretched by God is probably one of the hardest things i have had to endure (and ive not even finished 1 week yet!). My time here is going to be eventful. Already i have been put on the spot about my testimoney to a small group which made me feel incredibly vulnerable. Vulnerability can be a good thing tho and i had never realised that before. It can be a good thing because it makes me lean and listen carefully for Gods reassurance. And God never lets me down as i have constantly heard Him say 'Im here with you' throughout my time here so far. I used to struggle to hear Gods voice but here i am sarurated in the word constantly. I have my own personal quiet time each morning and evening. Everywhere i go i am amazed and Gods creation. Yet im still me, im not invincible or ready to take on the world. I still feel like the little new kid who doesnt fit in (and probably wont all year).

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Hi Kiddo.

I just wanted to let you know that all this is normal. The Apostle James say's "consider it pure joy...".

As you continue on this learning curve, and allow those who are looking out for you to lead, then your faith in God and in yourself will grow immensely.

You have a truly God-given opportunity to dig in and grow in Him.

I know from the Men's Home experience that such closeness to others on the same path can seem to be overwhelming at times. After all, we are each individuals, our own person. Proverbs speaks of iron sharpening iron, and it will happen.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish you all the best at Abernethy, and I'll check your blog daily to keep up with events and growth. Of course, that does not mean that you have to post daily.

I'm keeping you in prayer.

God Bless.

Paw.